The Unit of Grants and Contracts Management is responsible for the financial administration of all external grants and contracts. Specific responsibilities include, but are not inclusive of:
- Serving as a point of contact with agencies for fiscal matters;
- Assisting Principal Investigators/Program Directors in fiscal post-award administration;
- Ensuring consistent application and compliance of institutional policies and procedures and federal regulations related to fiscal matters;
- Establishing accounts for programs after fiscal review of award documentation;
- Informing Principal Investigators/Program Directors of program expenditures and encumbrances;
- Billing expenditures and timely submission of fiscal reports;
- Ensuring that all documented cost-sharing is verified, maintained, and properly reported to the sponsoring agency;
- Confirm, validate, and recover all indirect costs; and
- Proper closeout and reconciliation of institutional accounts to ensure compliance.
Jackson State University’s reliable personnel is essential for the success and smooth operation of any business or organization. Dedicated personnel are those employees who consistently show up for work on time, meet their job responsibilities and obligations, and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s goals and values.